Monday, November 28, 2011

Updates

Having recently stumbled on a link back to this blog from http://sayhitoant.blogspot.com/, I realized that I haven't updated in 11 months..
Shocking.

So I'm back to breathe life into this blog. After a year of little action on my front with regards to Odonata I've recently initiated a Odonata project under the Research program in my school. What I'm working on is a sampling of species across various forest fragments in Singapore.


As you can see, there are many small fragments of forests outside of the protected Central Catchment Area. In these areas there are many things worth protecting and a survey on the Odonata found is this areas should be quite fun!

So yes, I foresee more frequent updates. I've been to a few places already and made some interesting finds so I'll be posting about that soon.

Oh yes, there's been a lot of activity re Odonata these few years in Singapore! Discoveries of rare species.. more people getting involved.. all in all really exciting. I'm delighted at the amount of exposure and spotlight given to nature by an increasing percentage of the public! Here's to hoping it grows. 

No comments: